- There are lots of great short trips around us. Snoqualmie falls is beautiful and very accessible. It is 16 miles each way from the Inn and there is great dining (or lunching) at the Salish Lodge at the falls or at the Woodsman Inn in Snoqualmie a couple of miles up the road. Snoqualmie also has the railroad museum with a lot of stock on the sidings, but an incredible opportunity for maintenance.
- There are three museums in the area which are stand out quality: The Boeing Museum of Flight is a great hands-on exploration of the history of aviation (map). The Tacoma Museum of Glass is fascinating because of the always in use hot shop(map). Watch glass blowers in action. Finally, the Seattle Art Museum and Olympic Sculpture Park has world class touring exhibits with a good collection(map). The Olympic Sculpture part is a great collection of public art(map).
- The Boeing Factory Tour is amazing. The scope of the plant and the equipment will astound all comers(map).
- Wallace falls is about a 5.5 mile hike with 1200 gain but the nine waterfalls that make up the series are spectacular. The start of the hike is about 15 miles from Meritage Meadows Inn.
- Mt. Rainier National Park is about 3.5 hours drive from the Inn. Coupled with a hike and time at the visitor's center, this is long day(map).. We can help with recommendations for lodging at or near the park if you want to make a more leisurely trip.
- Mt. St. Helens National Volcanic Monument is beautiful and well worth the visit, but is about a 6-7 hour drive from the inn(map).. Contact us for recommendations for lodging in the area
- Olympic National Park is a challenge to see in a few days and it is 6-7 hours from the Inn. We recommend a night's stay in Forks or Port Angeles(map).. Contact us for lodging recommendations.
- Leavenworth/Roslyn/Snoqalmie pass is an extensive day trip, but several guests have made it. Contact us if you want to spend a bit for time for lodging recommendations.
This is just a smattering, but a good start we will add more as we have time.