FRITTATA WITH BROCCOLI RABE, SUN‐DRIED TOMATOES, AND FONTINA
More Vegetarian options.
Makes one 12-inch frittata, serving 6 to 8.
- 12 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe , washed, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium clove garlic , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 ounces Italian fontina cheese , cut into 1/4-inch cubes (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 ounces oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes , drained, chopped coarse (about 1/4 cup)
1. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position, about 5 inches from heating element; heat broiler. Whisk eggs,
half-and-half, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in medium bowl until well combined, about 30 seconds. Set
2. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick ovensafe skillet over medium heat until shimmering; add broccoli rabe and 1/4 teaspoon
salt and cook until beginning to brown and soften, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant,
about 30 seconds. Stir fontina and sun-dried tomatoes into eggs; add egg mixture to skillet and cook, using spatula to stir
and scrape bottom of skillet, until large curds form and spatula begins to leave wake but eggs are still very wet, about 2
minutes. Shake skillet to distribute eggs evenly; cook without stirring for 30 seconds to let bottom set.
3. Slide skillet under broiler and broil until frittata has risen and surface is puffed and spotty brown, 3 to 4 minutes; when
cut into with paring knife, eggs should be slightly wet and runny. Remove skillet from oven and let stand 5 minutes to
finish cooking; using spatula, loosen frittata from skillet and slide onto platter or cutting board. Cut into wedges and